Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fireworks

For the Fourth of July Hometown, Texas put on a nice firework display.  Everyone drove to the park or to the nearby Lowe's parking lot to watch the display.  We opted for the parking lot.

Waiting for the sun to set.


Auntie Em and Baby B found us in the parking lot and came by for a quick pose in front of the camera.  Could that me a Peru shirt she is sporting?  She says even though it was questionable to represent another country on "our birthday," she had to wear it since she had already worn all of her patriotic clothes and it was the only thing she had left that was red.

Playing with my camera settings in the dark, I was not totally sure what setting I was using and I wasn't sure if any of the pictures would look very good.  Over the course of the show I used about fours settings.  About three of those settings were used accidentally.

Of the 99 pictures I took that night, many were either not in focus or caught the firework explosion too late or too early. Anyway, these were the best.
Happy birthday, America!







All in all, we were quite impressed with the display!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your captioned under our picture! I was laughing out loud while I was trying to read it to Brian! Ha

    Malia

    ReplyDelete