Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ever Tried These?

Always looking for something that can be eaten on the run in the mornings, I have been a fan of granola bars for some time. I prefer the chewy variety as these tend to not be as messy and crumble less than others. Less mess is always a plus when eating in your vehicle on the way to work!

Since our local big-box-store was out of the Kashi bars (TLC Chewy Granola Bars) that had become a day-starting staple as of late, and I have long given up on the Nature Valley bars (both the Chewy Trail Mix and the Chewy Granola with Yogurt Coating) due to burn out, Edie picked up something new. Pictured below is the Fiber One Chewy Oats and Chocolate Bar, the breakfast bar that taking the staring role this week.



Of course, the funny thing is I still have not seen them in the light. You see, since I drive to work in the dark, I really wasn't sure what they looked like before posting this picture.

I am telling the truth when I say they have a great flavor. To adapt a line from Joey after he tasted Rachel's English trifle, let me just say, "What’s not to like? Chocolate? Good. Oats? Good. Gooey, sweet, caramelized substance holding it all together? Gooooood." Unlike the trifle, these bars do not taste like "feet."

My question for you is, have you ever tried these bars? I will wait to post my full review of the bar for a few days. I will wait just in case someone else wants to share an opinion first or you want to rush out and try one on your own.

On a side note, this is not my photo. I borrowed it from someone else. However, the really neat thing is that we used the same plates at my house when I was growing up. Now if they had just used the utensils with the brown handles...

No comments:

Post a Comment